CustomShow allows users, as well as Administrators to set different Lock options for either separate elements (e.g. Images, Videos, Text) or for an entire slide to limit changes made to the selection.
CustomShow Administrators can set these values in Library Slides, which allows these settings to be added to copies of the slides used throughout CustomShow.
Separate elements can be locked to prevent users from changing certain attributes, depending on what type of Lock is needed.
Lock options are found in the Properties Panel while editing a presentation in the Editor Console.
Users can choose between the following options for Locking Elements:
- This is the default Lock option. No attributes are disabled, and the element can be moved and modified on the slide.
- Position (X,Y), Resizing, and Rotation attributes in the Appearance tab are disabled, and the element cannot be moved on the slide.
Slides themselves can be locked by CustomShow Administrators, which sets Lock permissions to everything found on the slide in question.
Administrators can choose between the following options for Locking Slides:
- Default option. All elements on the slide can be modified and changed.
- Disables all Appearance tab option except for Opacity, Corner Radius, and Hyperlinking.
- All slide options and elements are locked and cannot modified. No attributes or positioning changes can be made.
Administrator Locking Options
CustomShow Administrators will also find that there are additional options available when setting a Lock on separate Elements on slides. These extra options are as follows:
- This option disables all positioning and Appearance tab options except for Opacity, Corner Radius, and Hyperlink for the selected element.
- All slide element options are locked and cannot modified. No attributes or positioning changes can be made.