Video content is a very important part of the CustomShow application suite, so to help users present the best looking visuals possible, it is recommended that videos produced for CustomShow follow some loose standards.
CustomShow uses Adobe's Flash Player to display all of its applications, and for video playback. With this in mind, there are some recommendations to follow to avoid some of the more common playback issues in Flash Player.
- Resolution: 1280 x 720 or lower.
- Note: In some cases, larger resolutions may be needed for video. Please consider this an option only when a project is planned to display on a monitor/display larger than 1280 x 720. In this case, we recommend a resolution of 1920 x 1080.
- Bitrate: 5000 kbits/sec or greater.
- Framerate: 29.97
- Profile: High
- Multi-Pass: Enabled
- CBR (Constant Bitrate): Disabled
CustomShow has a heavy focus on motion graphics and video content, but there are some types of animations created during the production of a video that can negatively affect the quality of playback within the CustomShow applications:
- Horizontal Panning & Horizontal Movement
- Moving the view position of content on the X Axis or moving content on the X Axis.
- Quick and Complex animations
- Fast, visually complicated animations, such as particle effects.