Flash Media (SWF) files can be imported and used in CustomShow. These media elements will play in the CustomShow online viewer, as well as on the iPad App.
- For information on how to import media into CustomShow, please see Importing Media.
- Important: ActionScript is not supported.
- Flash files containing ActionScript in AS2 or AS3 will still successfully import. ActionScript commands will not be executed after importing the SWF into CustomShow.
Flash Media is added to a presentation in the same way other types of media are added. This is done by clicking on the Media button at the top of the Editor Console.
In the window that appears, users can either import new media or add media that is already available.
- Flash Media can be added to a slide by clicking on the flash object in the media window and clicking on Insert.
- Flash Media can also be added to a slide by clicking and dragging the flash object from the media window on to the presentation slide.
Once a Flash Media object is added to a slide, the object's properties can be examined in the Properties panel.
By default, when selecting an image the Appearance tab will be opened.
To view an image's properties, click on Flash under the Element tab.
This will display the following information:
- Media Path
- File path for the Flash Media selected.
- This path is relative, and changes to the location of object will not affect the visibility of the object in the presentation.
- If a Flash object is deleted, this will display as Deleted Items.
- File name
- Original name of the Flash Media file.
- File size
- File size of the imported Flash Media file.
- Image Dimensions
- Width and Height of the Flash Media file.