CustomShow allows users to import video files into the application for usage online and offline.
- For information on how to import media into CustomShow, please see Importing Media.
To import a new video, or add an existing video to a presentation slide, click on the Media button at the top of CustomShow's Editor Console.
- Videos can be added to a slide by clicking on the video in the media window and clicking on Insert.
- Videos can also be added to a slide by clicking and dragging the video from the media window on to the presentation slide.
Once a video is added to a slide, the image's properties can be examined in the Properties Panel.
By default, when selecting a video the Video tab will be opened.
This panel will display the following information for the selected video:
- Media Path
- File path for the video selected.
- This path is relative, and changes to the location of the video will not affect the visibility or playback of the video in the presentation.
- If the video is deleted, this will display as Deleted Items.
- File name
- Original name of the video file.
- File size
- File size of the imported video file.
- This size will not reflect the file size of the original video file, as all video files are converted to a baseline format when added to CustomShow.
- Video Dimensions
- Width and Height of the video file.
In addition to this information, users can apply video playback options:
- Advance After Playback
- Enabling this option will advance the presentation to the next slide after the selected video has completed playback.
- Loop Playback
- Enabling this option will loop the video continuously after it completes playback.
- Slide navigation must be done via user interaction to stop the video loop.
- Mute Audio
- Enabling this option will force the selected video to mute its audio track when starting playback. Sound can be re-enabled by clicking on the Volume indicator on the Video Controls during playback.
- Start on Click
- Enabling this option will allow a user to click on the video to begin playback, rather than starting the video playback immediately.
- Display Play Button
- Start on Click must be enabled for this feature.
- Enabling this option will display a semi-transparent Play Button on top of the selected video before clicking on it to begin playback. The button will be removed after the click.
- Show Video Controls
- Three options are available for this dropdown menu:
- On Rollover
- Enabled by default. User can mouse over the video to display the controls.
- Controls are displayed at all times, even when mouse is not over the video.
- Controls are never displayed, and will not be displayed even if the mouse moves over the video object.