This article will outline the requirements for encoding video media in CustomShow, specifically in cases where a user wishes to utilize an audio-only file (e.g. MP3, WAV) as a media resource.
CustomShow does not support audio files for upload and import. Therefore, users who wish to include audio-only voiceovers, soundtracks, or other such assets must create a supported video file to add into CustomShow.
While the steps to create such a file will differ depending on the software used, the following requirements must be adhered to if the output is meant to be added into CustomShow:
- The file must be in a supported video file format.
- The file must be converted to a supported video file. Please do not attempt to rename a file extension, as this will not change the file's data or assets.
- CustomShow supports the following video filetypes:
- .mov, .mp4, .flv, .f4v, .wmv, .avi, .mpeg, .m4v
- The file must contain a video track.
- A video file containing only an audio track will fail to import into CustomShow.
- A still-frame image, shape, or fill color can be repeatedly applied until the end of the audio file's playback if no visuals are expected to appear when played in CustomShow.
Note that after such a file is uploaded and imported into CustomShow, the visuals of the elements can be hidden from view by modifying the Opacity (Transparency) values or by adjusting the positioning of the element, layering it behind other elements on a slide.